Jump to content
Fiestaclub.nl
jimbojambojumbo

*GUIDE* Retrofit Dab Into MK7 pre-facelift

Recommended Posts

Finally got Dab to work in the 09 fiesta titanium i wouldn't say its been an easy retrofit the problem most people will come up against is firstly finding the right part numbers especially in a pre-facelift without sync the parts needed are 

AA6T-18BC815-XG     sony audio control module 

BA6T-18B955-FB sony screen (the original screen in a prefacelift will most likely not be able to show DAB in its menu at least mine wouldn't even after updating its software to the latest version) they do come up on ebay this radio only has the the 2 fakra aerial connectors and one 24 pin plug on the rear so if you have the early loom you will need to make a modified loom from two parrot leads there is a guide for this titled retro fit non dab to fiesta mk7.I used autoleads SOT- T harness CT10FD09 and  autoleads SOT-934 Accessory interface lead.When making this loom make sure you leave at least a couple of inches on the wires you don't use as you will be using one of these pins to take a positive feed for the aerial amplifier

Aerial Parts needed with Ford Finis numbers

1559265 Aerial Mast

1766996 Aerial wire (from radio to mast) this finis number has possibly been superseded i don't have the new number however i do have the part number BA6T-18812-DC

1738453  Aerial base

1748717 Aerial wire that connects to 1766996 and runs to the rear

1744786   Aerial amplifier (cheaper on the bay with the mount bracket BA6T-18C847-AB)

1473776  Bolt to mount aerial amplifier

1767007 Small loom that links aerial amplifer to Dab rear aerial (groundplate) that mounts behind the bumper BA6T-18A886-BC

1780026 Rear dab aerial (ground plate) BA6T-18A886-AC

you will also need someone with a UCDS obd programmer TO MODIFY THE ASBUILT FILE AND UPLOAD TO THE BCM (BODY CONTROL MODULE) AND IPC (INSTRUMENT PANEL CLUSTER) as no matter how i modified it with forscan i could not get it to work

The UCDS adapter is 100 euros for the device youll also need an unlimited licence which is 80 euros and 1 level 1 token loaded which is 10 euros plus postage and paypal fees so they are not cheap but they are able to do so much more than a modified elm programmer (ford updates,mileage edits,update dash layouts on different vehicles which if you look into you'll agree its a great investment. 

YOU WILL NEED TO SWAP PINS 7&9 IN THE SCREEN PLUG (FCDIM) AS THE SONY SCREEN HAS DIFFERENT PIN OUTS TO THE STANDARD SCREEN AND WILL NOT LIGHT UP IF YOU DON'T (AND AS STATED EARLIER THE ORIGINAL IS NOT CAPABLE IN PRE FACE LIFTS OF SHOWING DAB IN MENU AT LEAST MINE 8A6T-18B955-BH  WASN'T 

I DISCONNECTED BATTERY AND RECONNECTED AND AFTER DOING ALL THIS DAB WAS IN THE MENU.

Fitting the aerials 

i had to remove the roof light and mounting, o/s sun visor rear trim above window as it was a 3 door,osr seat belt trim,os parcel shelf anchor,and the lower trim panel on o/s in boot ,you do not have to remove the rear bumper to fit the groundplate 1780026 as its quite easy to fit without doing that the groundplate mounts just below the o/s fog light/reflector give the area a good wipe over to remove dirt so that the groundplate sticks better.the wire to the ground plate goes through the chassis rail you should have a small grommet to remove, to make it easier to fit the wire for the ground plate i put a piece of string through the hole in the boot floor then selotaped to the wire and pulled it back through the hole pulling the grommet into place.now you should have some idea of where the aerial amplifer will be located i didn't have a location nut for the bolt to mount the amplifier as Im guessing early models were never meant to have DAB so i mounted mine with a bit of gaffer tape as a temporary measure which may even be permanent .

front aerial you do not have to take down the entire headlining as its quite easy routing the cables without doing that,first you'll need to remove your old aerial and cable (this cable runs well behind the dash so rather than take out the dash I cut my cable as close to where it goes behind the dash) remove the A Pillar trim and the piece of foam next to the window and the trim on the lower side of dash obd socket i also unscrewed the obd socket although im not sure i needed to ,remove the speedometer dash & before you run the cable behind the dash i suggest you cut the plug off the electrical connector on the aerial cable and join a new wire to this wire making it the same length to the fakra connectors of the cable as you will be connecting this wire to pin 2 of the radio (which is as you look at the back of the radio its the top row left most pin)  tape your new wire to the cable to make it easier to route.the route you take with it should be obvious as there isn't a lot of choice here.

once that cable is in place you will need to run the cable from the A pillar fakra connector to the aerial amplifier you should have placed in the boot  which is pretty straightforward although i had to drill a hole in the A pillar to locate the peg on the fixing clip an easier option would have been to just cut the peg off the clip as it doesn't need it.

Well that was pretty much it really i hope this is of some help to someone as i know when i was looking for info i just couldn't find any.

This guide is based on UK car and some of the steps regarding cable routing may be different in left hand drive cars

Picture 1

Picture 2 

Picture 3 Early Loom Mod

Picture 4 Sony Screen 

Picture 5 UCDS Adapter

Picture 6 Amp & Groundplate

Picture 7 Menu

Picture 8 Fitted

Picture 9 Pinouts of radio looking at back of radio

Picture 10 Aerial Cables

UCDS ADAPTER Website

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nielsicq said:

With help from this guide I installed a new screen. After that the dab works :)

:heelcool: Niels,ik heb nog steeds plezier van de DAB,instelling.

En met de DAB antenne,die via paintmodz had besteld,in piano black,door geheel Holland {:D:} :)  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ik had een vraag met betrekking tot bovenstaande verhaal, ik heb een Ford Fiesta MK7,5. Ik heb een Sony radio met dab gekocht en het bijbehorende bedieningspaneel (niet het scherm). Nu loop ik tegen het probleem aan dat mijn radio (na het installeren van deze 2 Sony onderdelen) niet langer zenders vind, hij blijft continu zoeken zeg maar, dit is op de FM frequentie. Iemand enig idee hoe dit op te lossen? Gaat het installeren van een Sony scherm nog helpen in dit verhaal of staat dit er los van?

De dab gebruik ik op dit moment nog niet eens omdat ik daar, als ik bovenstaande goed begrijp, nog allemaal aanpassingen voor moet doen met mijn antenne?

Alvast bedankt voor alle hulp.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Eddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FIESTA 2006 said:

Ik had een vraag met betrekking tot bovenstaande verhaal, ik heb een Ford Fiesta MK7,5. Ik heb een Sony radio met dab gekocht en het bijbehorende bedieningspaneel (niet het scherm). Nu loop ik tegen het probleem aan dat mijn radio (na het installeren van deze 2 Sony onderdelen) niet langer zenders vind, hij blijft continu zoeken zeg maar, dit is op de FM frequentie. Iemand enig idee hoe dit op te lossen? Gaat het installeren van een Sony scherm nog helpen in dit verhaal of staat dit er los van?

De dab gebruik ik op dit moment nog niet eens omdat ik daar, als ik bovenstaande goed begrijp, nog allemaal aanpassingen voor moet doen met mijn antenne?

Alvast bedankt voor alle hulp.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Eddie

Bij mij zit de FM antenne op het scherm aangesloten. Kan zijn dat de radio daarom blijft zoeken. (Zwarte stekker Sony scherm is FM)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nielsicq said:

Heb je de antenne op de goede aansluiting aangesloten?

Ik heb het samen met een forumlid ingebouwd die hem zelf ook heeft ingebouwd in zijn eigen auto, wat ik me kan herinneren zijn er twee aansluitingen (een zwarte en witte) aan de achterkant van het radiokastje. Ik geloof dat we de witte aansluiting hebben gebruikt, ik neem aan dat de andere aansluiting voor het DAB signaal is? Misschien hebben we dan inderdaad de verkeerde gepakt, morgen of overmorgen even controleren, dank alvast

 

13 hours ago, BartM said:

Bij mij zit de FM antenne op het scherm aangesloten. Kan zijn dat de radio daarom blijft zoeken. (Zwarte stekker Sony scherm is FM)

Ik zal dit inderdaad nog even controleren, ik dacht dat we wit hebben gepakt maar dat weet ik niet meer zeker. Morgen of overmorgen maar weer even mijn dashboard weer openhalen om te controleren. In ieder geval dank voor de hulp tot nu toe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Handmatig kan ik de radio zenders trouwens wel vinden alleen vind er als het ware geen aanpassing van de zender plaats wanneer ik verder rij, oftewel ruis..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ff een vraagje, op de foto van de aangepaste kabelboom. Zie ik echter maar 3 kabels/connectors. De nieuwe radio heeft er toch 2? Dus waar is de ander gebleven? Of past die zo op de huidige kabelboom ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2-8-2017 at 17:01, jimbojambojumbo said:

Finally got Dab to work in the 09 fiesta titanium i wouldn't say its been an easy retrofit the problem most people will come up against is firstly finding the right part numbers especially in a pre-facelift without sync the parts needed are 

AA6T-18BC815-XG     sony audio control module 

BA6T-18B955-FB sony screen (the original screen in a prefacelift will most likely not be able to show DAB in its menu at least mine wouldn't even after updating its software to the latest version) they do come up on ebay this radio only has the the 2 fakra aerial connectors and one 24 pin plug on the rear so if you have the early loom you will need to make a modified loom from two parrot leads there is a guide for this titled retro fit non dab to fiesta mk7.I used autoleads SOT- T harness CT10FD09 and  autoleads SOT-934 Accessory interface lead.When making this loom make sure you leave at least a couple of inches on the wires you don't use as you will be using one of these pins to take a positive feed for the aerial amplifier

Aerial Parts needed with Ford Finis numbers

1559265 Aerial Mast

1766996 Aerial wire (from radio to mast) this finis number has possibly been superseded i don't have the new number however i do have the part number BA6T-18812-DC

1738453  Aerial base

1748717 Aerial wire that connects to 1766996 and runs to the rear

1744786   Aerial amplifier (cheaper on the bay with the mount bracket BA6T-18C847-AB)

1473776  Bolt to mount aerial amplifier

1767007 Small loom that links aerial amplifer to Dab rear aerial (groundplate) that mounts behind the bumper BA6T-18A886-BC

1780026 Rear dab aerial (ground plate) BA6T-18A886-AC

you will also need someone with a UCDS obd programmer TO MODIFY THE ASBUILT FILE AND UPLOAD TO THE BCM (BODY CONTROL MODULE) AND IPC (INSTRUMENT PANEL CLUSTER) as no matter how i modified it with forscan i could not get it to work

The UCDS adapter is 100 euros for the device youll also need an unlimited licence which is 80 euros and 1 level 1 token loaded which is 10 euros plus postage and paypal fees so they are not cheap but they are able to do so much more than a modified elm programmer (ford updates,mileage edits,update dash layouts on different vehicles which if you look into you'll agree its a great investment. 

YOU WILL NEED TO SWAP PINS 7&9 IN THE SCREEN PLUG (FCDIM) AS THE SONY SCREEN HAS DIFFERENT PIN OUTS TO THE STANDARD SCREEN AND WILL NOT LIGHT UP IF YOU DON'T (AND AS STATED EARLIER THE ORIGINAL IS NOT CAPABLE IN PRE FACE LIFTS OF SHOWING DAB IN MENU AT LEAST MINE 8A6T-18B955-BH  WASN'T 

I DISCONNECTED BATTERY AND RECONNECTED AND AFTER DOING ALL THIS DAB WAS IN THE MENU.

Fitting the aerials 

i had to remove the roof light and mounting, o/s sun visor rear trim above window as it was a 3 door,osr seat belt trim,os parcel shelf anchor,and the lower trim panel on o/s in boot ,you do not have to remove the rear bumper to fit the groundplate 1780026 as its quite easy to fit without doing that the groundplate mounts just below the o/s fog light/reflector give the area a good wipe over to remove dirt so that the groundplate sticks better.the wire to the ground plate goes through the chassis rail you should have a small grommet to remove, to make it easier to fit the wire for the ground plate i put a piece of string through the hole in the boot floor then selotaped to the wire and pulled it back through the hole pulling the grommet into place.now you should have some idea of where the aerial amplifer will be located i didn't have a location nut for the bolt to mount the amplifier as Im guessing early models were never meant to have DAB so i mounted mine with a bit of gaffer tape as a temporary measure which may even be permanent .

front aerial you do not have to take down the entire headlining as its quite easy routing the cables without doing that,first you'll need to remove your old aerial and cable (this cable runs well behind the dash so rather than take out the dash I cut my cable as close to where it goes behind the dash) remove the A Pillar trim and the piece of foam next to the window and the trim on the lower side of dash obd socket i also unscrewed the obd socket although im not sure i needed to ,remove the speedometer dash & before you run the cable behind the dash i suggest you cut the plug off the electrical connector on the aerial cable and join a new wire to this wire making it the same length to the fakra connectors of the cable as you will be connecting this wire to pin 2 of the radio (which is as you look at the back of the radio its the top row left most pin)  tape your new wire to the cable to make it easier to route.the route you take with it should be obvious as there isn't a lot of choice here.

once that cable is in place you will need to run the cable from the A pillar fakra connector to the aerial amplifier you should have placed in the boot  which is pretty straightforward although i had to drill a hole in the A pillar to locate the peg on the fixing clip an easier option would have been to just cut the peg off the clip as it doesn't need it.

Well that was pretty much it really i hope this is of some help to someone as i know when i was looking for info i just couldn't find any.

This guide is based on UK car and some of the steps regarding cable routing may be different in left hand drive cars

Picture 1

Picture 2 

Picture 3 Early Loom Mod

Picture 4 Sony Screen 

Picture 5 UCDS Adapter

Picture 6 Amp & Groundplate

Picture 7 Menu

Picture 8 Fitted

Picture 9 Pinouts of radio looking at back of radio

Picture 10 Aerial Cables

UCDS ADAPTER Website

Hi, can you show me how you customized the early loom? I found the topic on another forum but the pictures don't work anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×